Friday, August 5, 2011

New revelation

Okay, so I was totally sitting here and just had a cup of tea and decided to do the facebook thing. It's funny how it's always the Holy Spirit leading us to do things. Anyway- I pop on facebook, and I don't normally like to chat with people...because it's never ending, but I don't know how to sign off of the thing...So, I just leave it.
Anyway a friend of mine back in Bedford, Indiana messages me and asks how I am. I have been in this house for a week and I am definately ready (and healed! Praise Jehovah-Rapha!) to go do something. My helper is my friend Nathalie who comes and visits me and bring me yummy cookies. :) I love you, Natha.
Ok, so my friend asks me how I have been, you know, like everyone does who is very concerned and loves me very much. I say, Im healed. I am. I feel so great! And then I begin to ask my friend how they are doing. They say good, but like everyone right now struggling a little. So, I just asked Holy Spirit to guide me and begin to type to him. In the mean time...
Holy Spirit is totally giving me a new revelation. So, my friend got to share this amazing revelation with me. I just began to cry. I was literally overwhelmed with the love of God.
You know, the Bible tells us in James the 1st chapter to Endure to receive the prize. btw-James is probably my favorite book...I have dreams about it and get a lot out of James. Okay, well it tells us to endure to receive the prize. What is the prize? And what do we have to endure?
The prize is a revelation that you will get from reading the scriptures that are inspired by God but written by Paul and John. (I know...I'm not going to let you stay spiritual-babies...not even on facebook!)
What is to be endured, is life. It is the good times and the bad times. The callings, the destinations, the destiny. It is the race. When you run, which is something I used to do and unfortunately has gotten away from me, you go through a time where your entire body aches. Your toenails even ache from running so long. You have thrown off all the clothing that you started with and are down to the bare essentials...but if you keep pressing. Just a little bit further. Past the pain, the illusion that you may die, the lie that you aren't going to make it...suddenly. The pain. Is no more. It's gone. You're body is used to running and now in a state. You have "left the past behind and looking ahead towards the prize..." Wow. And now, around the last corner, you can see the tight ribbon and the people cheering. That great cloud of witnesses.
You remember the little engine...that could....and did.
This is the way my mind thinks....so, sorry if Im too...la la la la la...for you.
The best part about all of this is trhat...the prize...is worthy to be thrown at the feet...of my King.He is worth it.

1 comment: