Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day's go by

It's WEDNESDAY!
Hallelujah! God is good. He is doing so much here it is amazing.
This week the children have a "VBS". The decorations are so precious...well, not the ones that are in my classroom...but it's ok. They are only intruding until Saturday.

When I first arrived here, I liked it. Then I had to have surgery and I hated it and wanted to come home. I was in much pain and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't go anywhere, I had to miss the beach. I missed my friends. Then, I started working and now I am busy all the time. In the services and while ministering to the people I watch them. I watch the love and joy on their faces. I hear the excitement in their voices and you can see the faith and expectancy in their voices.

The things that would offend someone in the United States are acceptable here and things are ...are tolerated in the United States are rude here. It's very different. At one time...I thought to myself..."oh, well. Whatever." But now, I am learning to appreciate the culture more and I am falling in love with the people...the country...and the culture.

1 comment:

  1. You have now discovered the blessings of walking in the calling God has placed on your life! I am so proud of you for your obedience, your perseverance and your diligence in following your call.
    We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete