Tuesday, August 23, 2011

En serio!

Ok, so I apologize to all of you for not writing sooner! I recovered amazingly from my surgery and then got super busy...more than a farmer during planting season. (that's for Joshie!)

We are doing a lot of things here and my responsibilities have grown very rapidly. I went from doing nearly nothing to having about 3 jobs, being in church on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, and then trying to manage my life at home with normal chores. It's a challenge but I definately recognize that I have the grace to do it.
I have also been picking up random jobs for the church and the school that I teach at.

I am falling in love with this country more and more every day. The people are very personal and the culture is so different and it's an adjustment but it's beautiful. They are part of the character of my Beloved.

Things I am learning:
how to walk humbly
how to work quickly
how to keep my spiritual life a priority
how to write professional e-mails
how to listen to the Holy Spirit on when to hit the "send" button and when to wait.
oh...and patience...the culture helps me with this.

However, I am a missionary and I am here on God's business. That includes the school that I teach at. It is a beautiful Christian school full of love for the students and a desire to see them come into the fullness of all God has for them and to be prosperous children of the Most High. This includes needs. I know most of you probably don't want to read this, but It's necessary. I live in a 3rd world country. The minimum wage is merely 50 cents/hour. We are currently seeking a higher accredidation as well as general needs in the school. We need desks and they are only $25 a piece and they seat 2 students...but there are also bills. If the Lord has put it on your heart to help us in this area, please. Make out a check to "Stonegate Faith Center". It is my church and sending agency in Bedford, IN. The check becomes tax deductable so, keep your copy or make a note. With the check, please attach a note that states: "For desks. Missions. Mary Anne. Ecuador" Please, please, please do not write it in the memo, for this will disqualify it from being tax deductable.

The address of the church is:
Stonegate Faith Center
Stonegate Faith CenterP.O. Box 906                                                                             
Bedford, Indiana
47421










May the blessings of the Lord overtake you all.
We are blessed to be a blessing.

If you don't believe the Lord is telling you to sow a seed to assist the christian school. Please, please, pray for the Lord to raise up people from the North, South, East, and West with such a heart and desire.
Or, find some missions to get involved in!

Here are some pictures of the school:

No comments:

Post a Comment