Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day by Day...

I walk to work...because I only live about 3 blocks from the church and school. It takes me less than 5 minutes to walk. I usually see some unusual sights on my way. Yesterday, I seen something that grabbed at my heart. There were three women and a little girl going through the trash. They were picking out what could be useful to keep. Everything that they had in their hands and pack to keep...I knew was trash. I would have thrown in out and never thought a second about it...but they were going to find something useful for it.

Also, I learned that a lot of the students at the school were poor. They could barely afford to go to school, let alone on any of the trips. They have the school uniforms, which most of them wear even when not in school. It's not like they have a lot of options for clothing. Their families struggle. I have a lot of clothes...I have a lot of shoes...I have a lot of things that I never use or wear or even know what they are. Im not saying that I shouldn't have those things...I just want to know why we are doing such a poor job at sharing the wealth and telling people about the Word of God.

When you minister the word...you meet all the needs. God said He'd supply them.
Everyday I think to myself...I have to be better at reaching out and helping. Im not doing enough. If someone is starving...or doesn't have clean clothes...we arent doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment